We thought it’d be fun if we did the same thing to see how our results stacked up. While we’re a different type of company, focusing on developing tablet commerce solutions, and the data we have spans over a thousand different merchants, our findings were actually very similar to Fab’s.
- Our biggest days are Saturday, Friday, Sunday (in that order)
- Tablet shopping has three distinct daily peaks.
- For many the tablet has replaced a morning routine of checking the newspaper and we see this reflected in our morning spike.
- Evening shoppers ramp up quickly after dinner and stay strong throughout the evening all the way until bedtime.
* Times are in Pacific time and include data from all three US timezones [unfortunately due to the limits of GA]
October 30, 2012
Tablet Commerce Transactions By Time of Day